WRL Advertising is seeking a part-time Social Media Marketing/SEO intern for the Fall. The selected candidate will gain experience working in a creative, fast-paced environment with exposure to a variety of marketing and communications focus areas. These include media relations, social media, internal communications, strategic research and branding, crisis communications, media planning, digital marketing and SEO/SEM, and more.
This paid, part-time internship allows senior or post-graduate students to gain real world, hands-on experience through valuable client work as well as the opportunity for professional growth by working in a variety of industries including consumer, non-profit, B2B, B2C, industrial, manufacturing, education, healthcare, retail, technology, etc.
The Social Media Marketing/SEO Intern is responsible for supporting the Communications Team Lead and Director of Digital Marketing in implementing a variety of projects.
- Social Media content creation and management on various social platforms for a number of diverse industries
- Monitor social media conversations and providing reputation management
- Market research for drafting post copy for organic and promotional content
- Aggregate and analyze data for competitive social audits and analyses
- Develop, consolidate and organize media lists, editorial calendars and media results reports
- Participate in both internal team and client meetings
- Write news releases, website copy, collateral copy, social media content and other materials; and may support the development of integrated campaign materials including case studies, brand development, editorial, etc.
- Conduct new business and client/competitor research and analysis
- Interact with local, trade, online and national media when appropriate
- May assist with planning and onsite execution of client events, meetings, etc.
- Contribute to other projects as assigned
Ideal Applicants Possess:
- Undergraduate or Post-Graduate degree in marketing, business, communications, journalism, PR or a related field
- Internet and Social Media savvy
- Superior written, verbal, research and organizational skills
- Proficiency using AP Style
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point and Excel)
- Experience with Google AdWords
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, including proofreading
- A positive attitude, drive and a willingness to learn
- Previous internship experience in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, advertising, and/or business is also a plus
If you’re interested in joining the WRL team, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.Help us generate + positive results today!